On Saturday, November 29, the annual Jingle Walk and Holiday Fest take place in downtown New Albany. The program of activities for both events has been planned by Develop New Albany, the city’s National Main Street organization. The walk itself takes place in the afternoon starting at 1:00 p.m. (see below) and emphasizes wine tastings in retail shops.
From opening time at noon, NABC is offering our own slate of activities at Bank Street Brewhouse.
- Free samples (21+ over only) of NABC’s Naughty Claus, Hoosier Daddy and Black & Blue Grass
- Brewery tours on demand with brewers David Pierce and Josh Hill, and co-owner Roger A. Baylor
- An expanded merchandise table and gift cards for holiday gifts and sticking stuffers
- Taco Punk on site and slinging, beginning around 5:00 p.m.
Our aim is to complement the other downtown activities on Saturday, so if you’d like to add beer and tacos to the Jingle Walk, come one down and see us.
6th Annual Downtown Jingle Walk – November 29th
Develop New Albany invites you to our Annual Jingle Walk in our Historic Downtown. We will celebrate the beginning of the Holiday Season on November 29th.
Jingle Walk (1:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.)
The day of fun begins with the Jingle Walk at 1:00 p.m. Sample local wines from area wineries while shopping in our Historic Downtown. If you haven’t visited downtown recently you will see a downtown full of locally owned stores, boutiques, museums and art galleries.
Participating Wineries include: Cedar Creek Winery, Best Winery, Huber’s Winery, Mallow Run Winery, Winzerwald Winery, Indian Creek Winery, Quibbles Winery, Scout Mountain, Bottles Unlimited, and River City Winery.
The Jingle Walk begins at 1:00 p.m. near Bicentennial Park in Historic Downtown New Albany. (Near Intersection of Bank Street and Market Streets) If you purchase your tickets online we will have your tickets waiting for you in the Jingle Walk tent located near Bicentennial Park.
Jingle Walk Tickets are $20.00 each and if you pre-purchase your ticket you will get the choice of a souvenir wine bag or an around the neck wine holder.
Must be of legal drinking age to participate in the Jingle Walk.
HolidayFest – A New Holiday Family Tradition – Nov 29th
Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony will begin at approximately 6 p.m. in Bicentennial Park.
HolidayFest Schedule of Free Events:
- 3:00 – 5:30 PM at YMCA (Ages 0-12) – All children who participate will receive a Golden Ticket for a toy.
- Kids activities will include a Christmas obstacle course, face painting, crafts, and bouncy house.
- Photo opportunity with Santa Claus
- Scavenger hunt with prizes for ages 12 and up, registration begins at 1:00 p.m. in Bicentennial Park.
- There will be a Chili cook-off with the local firehouses
- Street food, Christmas trees and wreaths will be available for sale during the event.
- Tree Lighting Ceremony in the Bicentennial Park – 6:00 p.m.