Welcome to the New Albanian Brewing Company’s recap of upcoming events. The holiday season is an event schedule unto itself, and so we’ll begin with the basics, including a glance at the NABC Holiday schedule.
Quick reference dates:
- Through December: Saturnalia Winter Solstice drafts at NABC’s Pizzeria & Public House http://newalbanian.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Saturnalia-program-2014-MMXIV.pdf
- December 12/13; 19/20; 26/27 (Fridays/Saturdays): Taco Punk kitchen nights at Bank Street Brewhouse, starting at 5:00 p.m.
- December 14 (Sunday): Bank Street Brewhouse closes early at 5:00 p.m. for the NABC staff Christmas party.
- December 24 (Wednesday): Both NABC locations are open for daytime hours on Christmas Eve, but will be closing early (hours TBA).
- December 25 (Thursday): Both NABC locations are closed on Christmas Day.
- December 31 (Wednesday): The Pizzeria & PublicHouseopens for daytime hours on New Year’s Eve, but will be closing early (hours TBA). Bank Street Brewhouse is closed on New Year’s Eve.
- January 1 (Thursday): Both NABC locations are closed on New Year’s Day.
Following are NABC’s bullet points for the waning days of 2014.
Weekend Taco Punk at NABC Bank Street Brewhouse
NABC has joined forces with Taco Punk’s Gabe Sowder to restore a kitchen at Bank Street Brewhouse on weekend evenings.
Look for Taco Punk at Bank Street Brewhouse on Friday and Saturday evenings through December, with Thursdays to be added in January, 2015. Food service begins at 5:00 p.m. At other times, visitors may still bring carry-out food from other eateries, or call for delivery.
Thus far, Gabe has offered a slimmed-down Taco Punk menu ideally suited to the limited kitchen and storage space in our building, featuring salsas, guacamole and five different tacos with a selection of garnishes. They’ve proven ideal as paired with NABC’s wide selection of house-brewed beers, of which we’ve been able to maintain 15 or more varieties on tap at BSB of late.
NABC signs with Clark Distributing Company, Inc.
NABC has inked a wholesale distributing agreement with Clark Distributing Company, Inc.
Clark Distributing Co., Inc. of Oakland, Kentucky, an affiliated corporation, is a Kentucky corporation operating beer distributorships in Bowling Green, Betsy Layne, Henderson, Hopkinsville, Hazard, Owensboro, Paducah and Versailles (Lexington-Fayette area).
With NABC’s longtime partnership at River City Distributing keeping matters firm in the metro Louisville area, this linkage with Clark gets us back into most of the remainder of the Commonwealth, with the exception of Northern Kentucky opposite Cincinnati. Paperwork is being completed, so stay tuned for further details.
Upcoming releases: Old Lightning Rod and Eastern Front
The legendary Benjamin Franklin was a multi-talented, endlessly creative Colonial-era renaissance man who also brewed and drank beer. In 2006, as part of a nationwide promotion on the occasion of the Benjamin Franklin Tercentenary, NABC’s brewers tweaked a Colonial-era recipe provided to members of the Brewers Association, and the result was our first ever batch of Old Lightning Rod. Ever the diligent beery scientists, we’ve repeated the experiment every year since, and the ale keeps tasting better and better. Our tenth batch begins pouring at Bank Street Brewhouse on Sunday, January 18, and will go on tap on Monday, January 19, at the Pizzeria & Public House. Old Lightning Rod is a small-batch cult favorite, and is served only on draft – so get your pints and growlers while it lasts.
Throughout European history, the Eastern Front has been the place on the map where German and Slavic lands overlap, both geographically and culturally. However, perhaps owing to so many decades of watching the History Channel, most Americans know of the Eastern Front only in the context of military history. This is not unsurprising, because there has been far too much fighting in the region.
Conversely, NABC’s assertive, hop-forward Eastern Front (formerly known as Elsa von Horizon) is meant to emphasize the virtues of cultural assimilation in brewing, and posits a strong, hoppy lager’s stylistic re-augmentation as “Russian” Imperial Pilsner (8% abv). It’s the ideal toast to peace. Eastern Front will be available to NABC’s wholesalers in kegs and 22-oz “peacemaker” bottles, and of course will be featured at both NABC on-premise locations.
- January 2 (Friday): Hoptimus Inception Reception 2015 … at NABC Bank Street Brewhouse
- January 18 (Sunday): Old Lightning Rod Day … at NABC Bank Street Brewhouse
- January 31 (Saturday): Brewers of Indiana Guild Winterfest … at the Indiana State Fairgrounds, Indianapolis IN
- February 7 (Saturday): Lafayette Brewing Company’s Winter Warmer … in Lafayette, IN
- February 13 & 14: Cincy Winter Beerfest 2015 … At Duke Energy Convention Center, Cincinnati OH
- February 20 (Friday): Tailspin Ale Fest/Barrel Roll Experience … at Bowman Field, Louisville KY
- February 21 (Saturday): Tailspin Ale Fest/Louisville’s Winter Warmer … at Bowman Field, Louisville KY
- February 27 (Friday): Gravity Head 2015 … at NABC Pizzeria & Public House
NABC has two locations in New Albany. Our original Pizzeria & Public House near IU Southeast offers a pizzeria-style food menu, NABC’s beers of proven merit and a list of quality guest beers. In downtown New Albany, our taproom at Bank Street Brewhouse hosts Taco Punk for weekend meals, and welcomes delivery food, carry-in or the contents of your own picnic basket for pairing with NABC drafts and bombers.