As always, NABC will be there, and for the first time, we’ll be offering both samples and full pours of Progressive Pints (cash bar format). This is an excellent event, and readers are strongly encouraged to get aboard.
Tickets on sale now! Don’t miss our 17th annual “A Taste for Art & History” to benefit the Carnegie Center, Inc., which supports Carnegie Center exhibits and programs.
Friday September 6, 2013, 6:30 pm
Tickets $65 per person ($55 museum members); RSVP by September 4 (call 812-944-7336 or click HERE to purchase tickets online)
This year’s “A Taste for Art & History” features tastings of world-class beverages including wine, beer and bourbon, and an assortment of delectable foods. In addition to a lively silent auction including artwork, jewelry, wines and many other unique items, “A Taste for Art & History” also includes a live auction of exceptional items, including:
1) MURDER MYSTERY DINNER FOR 12: This dinner for 12 guests will be held at the Carnegie Center and catered by the inimitable Terri Lynn’s Catering by Design. Actors will lead attendees through a fun whodunit set in the museum.
2) PETE DYE GOLF ROUND & OVERNIGHT AT WEST BADEN: Pack your overnight and golf bag for a short drive to French Lick to enjoy an overnight stay for 2 at the beautiful West Baden Springs Hotel and golf for 2 at Indiana’s premiere Pete Dye golf course on the grounds of the French Lick Resort. A caddy is required and the package is valid on weekends.
3) DINNER FOR 20 AT THE CULBERTSON WEST: Inimitable hosts Carl Holiday and Steve Goodman will welcome 20 of your favorite people for dinner (including wine) at the prestigious and historic Culbertson West in New Albany. This home was built by William S. Culbertson as a wedding gift for his son Samuel and it is now a premiere venue for any special occasion celebration.
4) POWERWHEELS DODGE CHARGER POLICE CRUISER: Your kids or grandkids will love cruising around the neighborhood in this ride-on, kid-sized Dodge Charger Police Cruiser made just for them.
5) PGA WANAMAKER TICKETS AT VALHALLA: This golf lover’s package includes two (2) week-long passes to the 2014 PGA Championship at Valhalla Golf Club, August 4-10, 2014. The winner of this package will enjoy access to an air conditioned tent and private restrooms.
Tickets are $65 per person ($55 for museum members); please call 812-944-7336 to make a reservation or visit www.carnegiecenter.org/taste.html to make your reservation online via PayPal. Reservations are confirmed only after payment in full and should be made by September 4, 2013.
Please visit and “like” the Facebook page for “A Taste for Art & History” by clicking HERE. You’ll be able to read more about raffle items and silent auction donations as well as the live auction items listed above.
The Carnegie Center, Inc. would like to thank these generous sponsors for their support of this event:
Diamond Sponsors Duke Energy, Horseshoe Southern Indiana, Kraft Funeral Service, MainSource Bank, Martin Financial Group, Neace Lukens – Rick Zoeller, and Owings Patterns;Bronze Sponsors Aebersold Florist, Master of Mixes, Judge J. Terrence & Peggy Cody, First Harrison Bank, Friend of the Carnegie, General Mills, Inc. New Albany Plant, John G. Brinkworth, Inc., Hornblower Marine Services, Keg Liquors, Koetter Construction Inc., Mainstream Investment Advisors, LLC, News and Tribune, Nu Yale Cleaners, Palmer Thompson Law, LLC, River Valley Financial Bank, Samtec, and the Law Office of Nick Stein; and In Kind Sponsors Flanagan Landscaping and Design, Inc., Voluforms Printing, Zach Stewart, Harritt Group, Inc., and Terri Lynn’s Catering by Design, Inc.
*To allow time for clean-up following the event, the Carnegie Center will open at 1:00 pm on Saturday September 7, 2013.
Thank you and we hope to see you on September 6!
Laura Wilkins, Director of Marketing & Outreach